Blue Point x Blue Bi-Color Ragdolls
Selective Dane Breeding Partnership
Click here to see danes in the program
What is this?
This is a partnership between your family and CB Hillis Danes. Your family will be able to have pick of litter (pol) of our (CB Hillis Danes) choice or choice of a older pup if available to be part of your family Forever x Always. However all breeding rights will belong to CB Hillis Danes for a reasonable time specified in the S.D.B.P. Contract.
Why are we offering this partnership?
We are offering this opportunity because we simply can not continue our blood lines without keeping some of the beautiful pups back. Since we refuse to sell or rehome our older adult danes as they are family; keeping all our POL's or older pups would give us too many danes in our home to give them all the adequate attention they deserve.
Does this partnership cost you anything?
Yes, you will have the cost of purchasing the pup. The cost of the POL or older pup will depend on the litter, but will be full price ($2500-$3000 USD). However, the full purchase price will be refunded after the birth of the Dane's 1st litter (1/2 of the purchase price if its a male) considering the litter produces more than 3 live marketable pups and the pups sale for our normal prices. Should the pups sale for less, then a % agreed upon in the contract will be given. As an additional "Thank You" we are willing to release a sum of $1500.00 USD for each additional litter produced there after to you.(considering that there is 3 or more live marketable pups born in each litter.) ($1000.00 USD if its a male POL/older pup.)
You will also have the cost of general veterinarian care as well as any expenses for the well being of the Dane placed in your care not CB Hillis Danes. This includes feeding them Life's Abundance Premium Health Food, all yearly vaccines, county registration tags, monthly heartworm meds, monthly flea x tick meds, proper exercise, training/classes and socialization for a dane as well as giving them all the love and care that all animals deserve!
All breeding related expenses (medical, AKC, ads, etc.) will be the responsibility of CB Hillis Danes. You will only be responsible for normal expenses (food x medical) that any pet parent would have.
In addition to the above, as an option , if you are willing, we will enroll you as an Executive Field Rep with Life's Abundance (LA) at our cost and you will receive a shipment of LA products valued at over $300.00 USD. Plus, each time your dane has a litter, all puppy families from that litter that chooses to stay with LA, will be placed on your account earning you a % of all purchases made!
Requirements for S.D.B.P
1. Live within 75 miles of Baltimore, Ohio 43105 or willing to travel to us.
2. You must own your own home.
3. Must have a fenced yard - no wireless only & fencing must be a minimum of 5ft in height.
4. Must keep Dane indoors
5. Have adequate bedding at all times
6. Never leave Dane unattended outside
7. Someone must be home most of the time.
8. You must have reliable transportation.
9. You have to be willing to bring your Dane to us for all breeding and specialized health testing for breeding (or meet us part way depending on distance )
10. You must be willing to schedule 4-5 visits during the 1st year at your home and 3-4 at our home (usually same day as vet appts for health testing for breeding) he/she has to be well acquainted with us....plus send us lots of pics so we can see how he/she is growing and add pics to the page on our website/Dane's FB Page.
11. You must allow us to do a home inspection
12. You must use Feeder Creek Veterinarian services (if local) or one that works with multiple danes . Not all vets are Dane Savvy and they need to be...other wise you can end up spending more money at the vet than ever needed.....Should you use another vet, you have to be willing for us to meet them/talk to them on the phone.
How The Process Works
Your puppy will come home to you at 8 weeks of age (obviously older if its an older pup) and you will start basic command training.
At 13-14 weeks you will need to have your Dane enrolled in puppy training and complete all age training classes (sending them to a trainer at we approve of at an appropriate age is a good option as well - there is one close to us, with excellent reviews from Dane Families - not all trainers are created equal).
At 18-24 months CB Hillis Danes will start health testing for breeding to verify that he/she can enter into our breeding program.
When its time for breeding and your female Dane comes into heat you must contact us immediately as she will be coming to stay with us for the duration of this heat cycle - it should be her 3rd-4th heat. Once bred she will come back to you until 1 week before she is due to deliver. She will be returned to you between 6-8 weeks after the pups are born as we like to keep our moms with their pups as long as possible. However you and your family may schedule appointments to come visit during her stay here.
**If a male pup, he will only stay long enough to bred - about 3-7 Days.
Then at the end of the S.D.B.P. CB Hillis Danes will have the dane spayed/neutered.
How Many Litters?
A female may have 1-4 litters, but no more than 4. The number of breeding will be determined on an individual basis depending on may things including but not limited to: how well she handled delivery x whelping, how well she keeps weight on during whelping/how well she bounces back, etc.
A male can sire many more litters but the number and frequency will depending on this color testing, semen evaluation and how well he keeps weight on/bounces back from breeding as males have a tendency to not eat or eat very little during breeding.
If you are interested in being part of our S.D.B.P. please contact us